We have been spending a lot of time playing outside and enjoying the warm weather. This week I made Kraft Watermelon Pops for an afternoon treat outside.
I recently pinned the recipe and was waiting for a warm afternoon to make this fun treat. This was my first time using paper cups to make popsicles.
I followed the recipe and made the watermelon pops in the morning. Later that afternoon the pops were ready for us to share in the backyard. I dipped the pops in warm water before gently peeling off the paper cup. My daughter was almost able to peel off the cup all by herself. I helped remove the remaining paper from the bottom of the treat.
We really enjoyed cooling down outside with the Watermelon Pops!
What’s your favorite treat to cool down with in the summer?
- 1 lb Ground sirloin
- ¼ C Parsley, chopped
- ½ C Parmesan. finely grated
- 2 Garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 Eggs
- 3 C Italian breadcrumbs
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 14.5 oz Red Gold petite diced tomatoes
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- To make the meatballs, mix chopped sirloin, parsley, parmesan, garlic and eggs in bowl.
- With hands mix in breadcrumbs one cup at a time until the mixture is a dough like consistency. The mixture should stick together and not feel dry.
- Carefully roll meatballs with your hands and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the meatball dip you will layer cream cheese, meatballs, Red Gold Tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in a baking dish. Begin by smoothing cream cheese on the bottom of the dish. Then carefully place cooled meatballs over cream cheese.
- Top meatballs with entire can of Red Gold tomatoes.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese then bake for 20 minutes at 350°.
- The Italian Meatball Dip is best served warm.