How does your routine change when the kids go back to school? In Arizona our schedule gets a lot more busy in the fall because the weather starts to move away from 100+ degrees. We get to enjoy more time outdoors and with that comes the addition of scheduled activities. Our family has recently added a few different activities to our normally full schedule. Combine that with my daughter getting comfortable in her new preschool classroom and my busy days working as a pre-k teacher, cooking dinner is not where I want to spend extra hours each evening. With Pillsbury Grands® biscuits you are able to prepare dinner in less time than you would normally spend in the kitchen. We have had a few different dishes prepared using Pillsbury Grands and have been happy getting to spend our extra time on fun family activities like nightly walks to the park.
This week our family made a new dinnertime favorite. The Pillsbury Grands Mini Chicken Pot Pie Puffs recipe was easy to follow and only uses four ingredients. In less than 20 minutes I had dinner in the oven!
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can PIllsbury Grands biscuits (PIllsbury recipe suggests Flaky Layers but I used Homestyle)
1) Preheat oven to 375° and coat muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Combine vegetables, chicken, and soup in bowl.
3) Press each biscuit into 5 1/2″ round. Press into bottom of muffin pan.
4) Spoon chicken mixture into each cup.
5) Pull edges of dough over center and pinch to seal closed.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes until tops of biscuits are golden brown.
Enjoy your warm meal with your family.
With so many after school activities filling up your schedule, include recipes using Pillsbury Grands biscuits in your weekly meal plan to help you ease into the new routine. Download the free Easy Weeknight Dinners with Grands Biscuits recipe book for quick and delicious dinner ideas.
Which new recipe are you most excited to try?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.