My family has been enjoying early summer mornings outside. This week, while learning about the letter W, my daughter and I had some fun making a watermelon smoothie.
You only need a few ingredients to make this yummy treat.
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 c ice
1) Cut watermelon in half and remove the melon from the rind.
If you’re like me and don’t have any special kitchen tools to use for this process, let your child(ren) help by spooning out the melon with a metal spoon.
2) Blend all ingredients (melon, honey, lime juice, and ice) until smooth.
3) Pour smoothie into empty watermelon halves and add a straw.
Enjoy this refreshing treat on a warm summer morning!
[yumprint-recipe id=’8′]Check out all these summer recipes!
- Great-Grandma’s “Secret-Ingredient” Potato Salad
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Watermelon Green Tea
- Independence Day Cranberry Pop Rocks Mocktail
- Fruit Pizza
- Zucchini Recipes
- Grilled Pizza
- Fruit Yogurt Parfaits
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Refreshing Summer Noodle Salad
- Frozen Banana Rum Cocktails
- Coke Float Popsicles
- Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
- Lemon Picnic Pasta
- Sand Castle Rice Krispies
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Watermelon Berry Chia Seeds Pops
- Fresh Summer Melon Ideas
- How to cut a watermelon
- And, even more Favorite Summer Recipes
What’s your favorite summer recipe?
13 thoughts on “Watermelon Smoothie and More Summer Recipes”
Heather this looks sooo refreshing!!
This looks delicious…and I love that you serve it up in a watermelon “dish”!
Wow! This looks so yummy and refreshing!