My family recently attended the Dana Point Festival of Whales and enjoyed an extended weekend in Dana Point, California. Part of our stay in Dana Point was spent at the beautiful Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. With incredible views, the property is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a weekend away with your family.
Our garden/pool view guestroom was the perfect space for our family. The modern day conveniences and ammenities provided us a great place to stay while enjoying our weekend at the resort.
Our private balcony had a view of the pool and koi pond below.
The large restroom with full size mirrors and double sinks made it very easy for our entire family to get ready together in the morning.
I relaxed by the pool with my laptop while my daughter and husband were swimming. The heated pool and jacuzzi temperatures were great in the cool March breeze.
The Dana Pool Cafe has a great menu for poolside dining and drinks.
Spending time in the fitness center is easy with stunning views of the ocean.
In the early evening we walked from the resort to the beach. The short walk was nice but the resort also offers a complimentary golf cart service.
We made it to the water just in time to watch the beautiful sunset.
The resort has many wonderful dining options including the acclaimed Raya, EnoSteak, and 180blũ. The Market Place offers a quick dining service with coffee, espresso, and sweet treats.
A few things to know to make your family stay at the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel great:
- parking is valet only
- the walk from the resort to the beach is not extremely kid friendly
During our walk to the beach my daughter fell down the stairs leading from the resort the beach. She scraped both of her legs and was crying before we ever made it to the bottom of the steep stairs. We went to the front desk and she received TLC, antiseptic cream, and bandages. I was impressed by the level of care provided and it helped cheer up my daughter. I would suggest avoiding the stairs with small children and riding to the beach on the complimentary golf cart service provided by the hotel.
All guests have access to the Ritz Kids program where activities keep kids of all ages entertained. A variety of services, amenities and age appropriate items are available for toddlers up to 4 years of age. Services available for school aged children:
- Face Painting
- A poolside movie is presented every Thursday evening at 8 p.m. during the summer months
- Coloring books are provided at the Dana Pool Café
- Kid’s water toys are available at The Dana Pool
- In-Room Dining offers two Inspiration Packages*, “The Night at the Movies” and “Totally for Kids.” These packages are great for toddlers, school age and teens
- A library of children’s movies is available at front desk
- Ping Pong table
- Tennis Courts with racquets and balls and tennis lessons* can be reserved
- Basketball Court
- Eco-Quest Game Board
- Tween Manicure and Pedicure in The Salon*
- Special Occasion Up-Do’s in The Salon*
- Beach Butlers offer fun in the sun. Engage with our Beach Butlers who provide sand toys, noodles, fins and body boards at the beach and pool
- An on-site play structure provides hours of entertainment
- The Market Place Café offers kid friendly cereals, kid’s water bottles, a candy station and assorted pastries, as well as coloring books and kid’s card games
- Eco Adventure Center
The family friendly accommodations are a wonderful way to relax with your family.
Disclosure: My family was invited to attend the Dana Point Festival of Whales and were assisted in making all activity and accommodation reservations. Complimentary hotel accommodations were provided by the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel.