Christmas is only a couple of days away but I still have a few handmade gifts to finish. I’ve been having so much fun making personal gifts for family and friends this year. Yesterday I made a ruby red slipper necklace for a theatre loving friend. I’m pretty sure I will be making myself one too!
- Red Glitter
- Mod Podge and paintbrush
- Small doll shoe (I used a Barbie shoe from my daughter’s playroom)
- Small hole punch (not pictured)
- Necklace hardware (jump ring, chain, clasp)
1) Use your hole punch on the back of the shoe.
2) Completely cover the shoe with Mod Podge.
3) Sprinkle the shoe with glitter.
**to avoid a big mess pour glitter in a plastic bag, add the shoe, and shake!
4) Wait a couple of hours for the shoe to dry and then attach a jump ring to the small hole in the back.
5) Slide the charm onto your necklace chain.
Can you tell this started as a Barbie shoe?
What a perfect gift! Shhhhhhhhhh, my mom is getting one too!
I’m linking this post here.
1 thought on “Ruby Red Slipper Necklace”
very cute, going to try it