Earlier this week I shared the Frankenstein Jello Cups my daughter shared with her preschool class. In addition to the jello cups we also brought Candy Corn Pizza. The slices were extra small for little hands. I’m tempted to call them “Candy Corn Pizza Bites”.
I’ve seen this Halloween themed pizza everywhere online recently but I wanted to try and make a smaller version.
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought, we used Pillsbury canned pizza dough)
- Biscuit cutter (or if you’re like me and don’t own one, just find something round)
- Three different cheeses (white, orange, and yellow)
These cute snacks were quick to make. It only took me 30 minutes.
1) Roll out your dough and cut into small circles. I don’t own a biscuit cutter so I used the top to a cookie cutter set.
2) Bake the dough according to the directions (about 15 minutes).
3) Grate your cheese while the dough is baking.
Tip: Purchasing the cheese was time consuming for me because I couldn’t find a good combination for the orange and yellow. I ended up using extra sharp cheddar, Wisconsin colby, and mozzarella. That little piece of information might save you an hour in the grocery store!
4) Arrange the cheese on the pizza dough. Start with the white in the middle. Add a ring of orange and then edge with yellow.
5) Put the pizzas back in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
6) Use a pizza slicer to cut your tiny pizzas into wedges. I also used the cutter to remove the excess melted cheese from the edges.
The kiddos loved them!
If you want to make this for a fun Halloween dinner, be sure to make a large pizza instead of the small biscuit size circles with your dough.
I’m linking this post here.
2 thoughts on “Preschool Halloween Snack – Candy Corn Pizza”
Oh that is so cute!
Congratulations! I loved your idea so much that I featured you on OneCreativeMommy.com today. Please stop by and grab a featured button if you’d like. I hope you’ll be back to share more great ideas at One Creative Weekend tomorrow.