This holiday season we have been busy in our kitchen. My daughter and I have been.baking our favorite holiday treats and discovering new recipes as we get closer to Christmas. We recently tried a new recipe inspired by the Land O’Lakes holiday giftgiving brochure.
While shopping at Walmart, I visited the grocery section to purchase the ingredients for our holiday baking recipe. Land O’Lakes butter is a favorite in our home with so many yummy options. Most of our holiday recipes include butter so we go through quite a bit of Land O’Lakes butter during this time of year.
Our Peanut Butter Santa Hats are easy to make and my daughter enjoyed helping in the kitchen.
- 1/2 cup Land O’Lakes butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips or almond bark
- red sugar sprinkles
- butter crackers
You also need wax paper to place the hats on after they have been dipped in chocolate and cookie sticks.
1) Soften the Land O’Lakes butter and mix with peanut butter on low speed. Add powdered sugar and continue to mix until filling is creamy.
2) Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of mixture onto bottom side of one cracker. Place cookie stick in middle and top with cracker. Repeat with remaining filling and crackers.
3) Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt baking chips in microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue melting at 15 second increments stirring in between until chocolate is smooth. Dip top of cracker sandwiches into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to dry.
4) Before chocolate is completely dry, top with red sprinkles. Add a white baking chip to the top of the Santa hat.
If you’re gifting the treats, consider placing cookie sticks in a piece of dry foam (found in the floral section at Walmart) to stand upright. Put the foam in the bottom of a cute holiday cup and you have a perfect gift!