With a new baby arriving soon, I’ve been working on her nursery and finishing up my last projects. Her pink and gold nursery is the perfect place for a DIY glitter animal wall art collage. I transformed frames I already had at home into glittery safari animal silhouettes. The nursery itself is very glam and these framed animals softened the room to make it a fun wall for a new baby.
DIY glitter animal wall art tutorial
- frames for collage (any size and color)
- spray paint (in desired color for frames, I used white)
- poster board (for frame backing)
- glitter vinyl or text book cover roll
- scissors or cutting machine
- rubber cement glue
- sticky glue dots
1) Remove glass and backing from frames. Use spray paint to fully cover all surfaces of frames.
2) Cut poster board to fit into frames. You will not be replacing glass or backing.
3) If using cutting machine, upload desired animal silhouette images and cut. Although I do have a new Cricut and love it using it (like for the Kindergarten book advent calendar), I chose to trace the silhouettes onto the back of a roll of book cover material then cut them out by hand with scissors.
4) Use rubber cement glue to adhere the glitter animal silhouettes to the center of the poster board for each frame.
5) Line the inner edge of the frames with sticky glue dots and attach the poster board with the glitter animal silhouettes. Your frames are now ready to be hung on the wall.
Hang the DIY glitter animal wall art in a collage or individually as you desire. The art looks great in our pink and gold nursery but would also be fun in an older child’s room or bathroom.
The wall art would also make a great addition to a baby shower. My daughter and I shared the easy tutorial while we showed easy spring baby shower ideas on ABC15’s Sonoran Living morning show recently.
Our nursery art collage includes a lion, elephant, giraffe, ostrich, and rhino. Which animals would you choose to create for your DIY glitter animal wall art?