I’m very excited to be part of the 2012 Homemade Holiday Treats Blog Event and share one of my favorite holiday recipes with a great group of friends. The event is full of over 50 incredible recipes from a big group of amazing bloggers!
I’m sharing my quick recipe for Peppermint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies.
- chocolate chip cookie dough
- sugar cookie dough
- red food dye (optional if you would prefer to avoid dye)
- peppermint extract
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix a small amount of red food dye into your sugar cookie dough.
3) Add approximately 1 teaspoon peppermint extract. Use less or more peppermint depending on your personal preference.
**Mix in flour if your dough gets sticky after adding the peppermint.
4) Roll out the red dough and then layer with the chocolate chip cookie dough. Each layer should be approximately 1/4″ thick.
5) Trim the edges to make a nice rectangle shape with your dough.
6) Roll the dough into a log and then cut into 1/2″ slices.
7) Bake cookies on non stick cookie sheet for 10 – 12 minutes.
8) Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack.
9) Eat a cookie and immediately put the rest away to share with friends!
Take a look at all the unbelievably yummy treats included in the this year’s event!
1 thought on “2012 Homemade Holiday Treats: Peppermint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies”
These look like so much fun! I think my kids would like to help make them!