As a pre-k teacher, I’m always looking for fun kitchen projects to bring into my classroom. Sometimes we follow recipes but other times we build masterpieces with edible items. December is a busy month at school and thanks to Smart & Final, my students have a perfect kitchen craft for the holidays.
I had a great time shopping at Smart & Final for the project supplies. I was amazed by the low prices! I was able to quickly find everything needed to make 17 sugar cone Santa hats in my classroom.
- Styrofoam cup
- Sharpie or photo of child and glue stick to personalize (both options shown)
- Sugar cone
- Red Icing
- Large marshmallows
- Small marshmallows
1) Spread red frosting over the entire sugar cone.
**if working with preschool aged children, use the styrofoam cup as a base to hold up the cone while they frost.
2) Push large marshmallow on top of cone.
3) Line the bottom of the hat with small marshmallows.
4) To personalize the craft, glue a picture on the styrofoam cup.
**in a classroom you can have the students draw themselves or Santa on the cup with a marker.
5) Place the completed sugar cone Santa hat on top of the cup to display.
Connect with Smart and Final in their Social Circular, on Twitter, and on Facebook.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final, but all opinions and ideas are my own. #CBias #SocialFabric #ChooseSmart
3 thoughts on “Sugar Cone Santa Hats with Smart and Final”
These are so darn creative, thank you for sharing! I hope your students enjoy making them!
So clever! Visiting from DearCreatives.com
These are so darling – I bet the kiddos will love them!